Technology to provide a fresh, odorless, cooling sensation.
- Delivery of fresh, tingling sensation.
- Completely odorless menthol- and alcohol-free.
- Ideal dermacosmetic technology for sensitive skin.
The technology is made for times when you want to feel clean and refreshed, such as after a workout or during a day outside in the heat. It can also be used to manage menopausal hot flashes. Use in a lotion with soothing cucumber to feel a fresh, cooling sensation, or use in a face wash with tea tree and salicylic acid for a clean, fresh feeling.\
This fresh sensation can also be used in shower gels, lotions, feminine washes, scalp care, hair care, and more, with a long-lasting cooling effect.
- Long-lasting - Provides a long-lasting refreshing sensation that is suitable for cosmetic and topical pharmaceutical applications.
- Suitable for sensitive skin - The technology makes it safe for sensitive and all other skin types, even near the eyes. The actual cooling is a result of “neurocosmetics”, which work on a neurological level to elicit a feeling of freshness. This technology creates that feeling without physically cooling the body.
- Odorless - Completely odorless, allowing for intimate use.
How the Technology Helps You
HS SC is an encapsulation technology comprised of sub-micron spheres that facilitate enhanced delivery of the refreshing ingredients to the sensory nerve endings in the lower epidermal layer. The slow release of these cooling agents from the core enables a long-lasting refreshing sensation without irritation to the skin. This product has no therapeutical claims (no OTC).
|Appearance @ 20°C
||Lotions, washes, shave gels, topical pain relief|
|pH (1 % solution)
||5.5 ± 1.5|
|Shelf Life (months)
|Usage Level (wt%)
||Closed container at 12-32°|
Continuous Cooling Performance
HS SC contains a special blend of ingredients that provide a unique lasting sensation when used together. The kenetic release of the ingredients are synchronized to result in a continuous refreshing experience.
Illustration of the consecutive action and perception of sensation from the HC SC ingredients.
The intensity of the cooling sensation from the same level of HS SC and free menthol was evaluated with consumers. HS SC intensity was higher for over 60 minutes.
Consumer response ratings of cooling for HS SC as compared to menthol, at 1% in a leave-on formula. Product was applied on the inner arm.
Sample Formulation - 11005 - Face Wash w/ SS Even Skin and HS SalCool
|A||Keltrol CG-SFT||Xanthan Gum||
|B||Aloe Vera Gel (100%) Liquid||Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice||
|B||Witch Hazel USP||Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract||
|C||Jeeteric CAB-LC||Cocamidopropyl Betaine||
|D||Linatural Ultra-3||Phenethyl Alcohol (and) Pentylene Glycol (and) Propanediol||
|D||SalSphere Even Skin||SS Even Skin PID# 8894-04||
|D||HydroSal SalCool||HS SalCool PID# 8278-03||
|D||Calendula Flower in Zea Botanicals||Propanediol (and) Aqua (and) Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract||
|D||Grapefruit Oil||Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil||
|SPECIFICATION||pH neat= 4.5-5.0|