Empowering skin with metals
- Heavy metals are natural and found in the body and are essential to many of our most important biological processes
- Delivering a safe, effective form of the metal and preventing these reactive species from destabilizing a formulation
- Encapsulation specifically designed to enable metal containing formulas
- Effectively shields metals such as copper from oxidation
- Activated to release by the friction of rubbing
MicroSal™ is a solid microsphere comprised of a hydrophobic matrix infused with metallic functional material. This lipid-based coating preventing discoloration. The system is activated to release by friction (rubbing).
Heavy metals like copper, cobalt, and iron are natural and found in the body and are essential to many of our most important biological processes1. Silver, gold, and platinum have also been found to provide benefits ranging from antibacterial to antiaging effects. The challenge in providing these advantages to the consumer becomes delivering a safe, effective form of the metal and preventing these reactive species from destabilizing a formulation. MicroSal™ is an encapsulation specifically designed to enable metalcontaining formulas.