Skin brightening and color-correcting technology
- Enhances skin brightening
- An effective remedy for repairing pigmentation and discoloration issues, age spots, and dry, tired skin
- Clears blemishes, uneven tan lines, acne scars, etc.
- A stabilized form of Phenylethyl Resorcinol to prevent premature oxidation and discoloration
- Encapsulation designed to preserve the color of the soap bar and release potent active upon application, when exposed to water and rubbed on the skin
MS WH is an encapsulation technology of actives used to brighten and evens skin tone. The active ingredient encapsulated within this system is phenylethyl resorcinol (PER). PER influences the formation of pigmentation and is used as a lightening and brightening ingredient in skin care products. It is a synthetic compound and reliable whitening agent that is partially derived from natural compounds found in scotch pine bark.
When directly compared to B-Arbutin, PER was shown to be over 100 times as effective at lightening hair, and when tested in-vivo on skin that had not been exposed to light, 0.5% concentrations of PER proved to be more effective than 1.0% kojic acid1. Although commonly used in skin care products, PER is known to be harsh and skin irritating with stability issues (discoloration).
MultiSal® technology stabilizes PER, retaining the white color of products such as soap bars. Additionally, MS WH is free of hydroquinone, which has some safety concerns. It helps support melanin balance to correct the appearance of hyperpigmentation. MS WH helps to correct and prevent the appearance of hyperpigmentation while supporting a healthy skin barrier.
- Stable Form allows for optimal potency and stabilizes the active until the consumer uses the product.
- Effective Brightening Agents At Low Concentration addresses the appearance of stubborn discoloration, making even skin tone possible for all skin types.
- Easily Incorporated into anhydrous forms, such as soap bars, body powders, makeup, sticks and more.