SalSphere® Aqua Skin
A technology to naturally hydrate for healthy skin
- Deep skin moisturizing
- Algae extract hydrates the skin
- Time release hydration
- Activates the cellular channels to deliver water to top skin layers
SalSphere® Aqua Skin is based on natural ingredients that protect the skin hydration and activate the water flow system for cells.
How the Technology Helps You
SalSphere® Aqua Skin is a submicron sphere delivery system rating from 0.1-0.3 microns in diameter. It has a hydrophobic core infused with humectants and caffeine and a hydrophilic shell imparted with polysaccharides from natural seaweed.
- Utilizes The Power Of Humectants and osmosis to hydrate the skin while absorbing water from the air and the deeper layer of the skin.
- Unique Technology that activates the aquaporin mechanism to channel water from the deeper layers of the skin.
- Encapsulation And Time-Release System enables a higher loading of glycerin without the tacky feel on skin. Common treatments for dry skin include humectants such as glycerin, which attracts and retains moisture from the air through absorption. Major drawbacks of utilizing glycerin are the tacky feel it imparts on skin and the irritation it causes. SalSphere® technology resolves these challenges and combines ingredients to provide optimal hydration and nourishment for the skin.
SalSphere® Aqua Skin breaks down within the skin
Urea is an effective humectant that moisturizes and smooths the skin. It repairs the skin barrier function by regulating epidermal barrier structure.
Caffeine stimulates aquaporins, water channels in the skin cells of the deeper dermis. Caffeine opens up these water channels to bring moisture into the skin cells.
Seaweed is packed with polysaccharides, vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and potent antioxidants. This natural skin aid also has antiinflammatory properties.
The core of SalSphere® Aqua Skin slowly releases the humectants and caffeine to provide skin-friendly, long-lasting hydration.
||INCI & Characteristics|
Fucus Vesiculosus (Seaweed) Extract, Caffeine, Urea, Hyaluronic Acid, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Glyceryl Stearate, Glycerin, Polysorbate 80, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Polyquaternium-67
|Appearance @ 20°C
|Applications||Leave-on skin care products such as creams and lotions|
||White to off-white|
|pH (1% Solution)
||6.5 ± 1.0|
|Shelf Life (months)
|Usage Level (wt%)
||Closed container at 12-32°|
Long-lasting Moisture on Skin
The level of moisturization imparted on skin by a lotion containing SalSphere® Aqua Skin was compared to a benchmark lotion. Measurements taken by a Corneometer over 24 hours. While the moisture level resulting from the benchmark product provides minimal moisturization at 6 hours, SalSphere® Aqua Skin is able to sustain the skin’s moisture level at significant levels 24 hours after application.
Comparison of skin moisture using benchmark lotion, SalSphere® Aqua Skin at 2.5%, and SalSphere® Aqua Skin at 5%.
Noticeably Smoother, Silker Skin
In a consumer perception test, volunteers (n=12) applied three lotions: a lotion containing SalSphere® Aqua Skin, the same lotion base containing free, non-encapsulated seaweed, and just the lotion base itself. Each volunteer evaluated the aesthetics of the lotions on skin over a six hour period.
A consumer perception test evaluating the aesthetics of SalSphere® Aqua Skin in a lotion compared to free seaweed lotion and the lotion base alone.
SalSphere® Aqua Skin
Salvona Pre-Mix W #5018