SalSphere® Clear Skin
Technology that clears the skin of blemishes and irregularities
- Anti-aging, hydrating and rejuvenating for all ages.
- Clears the skin from dead skin cells, access oil, and reduces the appearance of pores.
- Ideal for washes or day and night use. Gentle time release acids make it ideal for sensitive skin to hydrate and maintain a youthful appearance.
SS CS is a unique time release delivery system especially designed to enable easy formulation with challenging acids such as alpha and beta hydroxy acid. It combines the benefits of salicylic, lactic and glycolic acid for better exfoliation and skin rejuvenation. The encapsulation allows for slow, controlled release of the actives over extended time to prevent skin dryness and irritation caused by the low pH of these acidic materials.
- Powerful Against Blemishes - Combines the benefits of both the alphahydroxy acid (lactic acid (LA) and the beta-hydroxy acid, salicylic acid (SA), for the most desired effect.
- Targeted Delivery - Due to its adhesive properties, SalSphere® technology is designed to deposit the actives on the surface of the skin where they are specifically required to exert their desired action.
- Gentle, Slow Release - With the controlled release technology, SS CS releases the acids slowly and gently on the skin, therefore it is recommended for users with sensitive skin.
SS CS is a sub-micron technology that encapsulates the LA and SA. When a product containing SS CS is applied to the skin, it adheres and partitions into the upper layer of the epidermis where it slowly dissolves and release the acids in a controlled manner for an extended time.
SalSphere® Clear Skin in its Raw Form
Alpha-hydroxy acids such as LACTICACID (LA) work at the upper epidermal layer to loosen dead skin cells and promote skin cell turnover. Lactic acid also moisturizes the skin and stimulates collagen production to leave skin looking
supple and rejuvenated.
Beta-hydroxy acids such as SALICYLIC ACID (SA) exfoliate the skin and can go deeper to clear clogged pores and promote healthier, clearer skin. Upon regular application, BHA can even decrease the appearance of wrinkles and age spots.
|Appearance @ 20°C||Translucent fluid|
|Daily skin care products such as face and body washes, lotions, toners, and gels|
Shelf Life (months)
Usage Level (wt%)
|Up to 10|
||Closed container at 12-32°|
Suitable for Sensitive Skin
A lotion containing SS CS was compared to a lotion containing the free acids in equivalent concentration. Skin pH was measured initially at each application site and compared to bare skin as a control up to six hours. The site treated with the lotion containing free acids immediately dropped to a pH of 3.5 and was unable to return to the skin-friendly range until 5 hours after application. In contrast, the site treated with SS CS lotion remained in the skin friendly range of 4.5-5.5 over the 6-hour testing period.
Skin pH measurements over a six-hour period. The pH was measured using a Hanna® HI 99181 pH meter
Superior Skin Moisturization
Skin Moisture level was measured after application of a lotion containing SS CS and compared to that of a lotion with the free acids at equivalent concentration over four hours. Following the initial increase in moisture due to the effect of the lotion base itself, the SalSphere® technology clearly outperformed the non-encapsulated free acids to hydrate the skin. The free acids did not impart any significant moisture to bare skin.
Moisture content of skin following the application of a lotion containing SS CS compared to a lotion containing the free acids.Readings were measured using skin corneometer and a mean of 3 reading was recorded.
Hydrating & Refreshing Anti-Acne Facial Wash Formula
|SalSphere® Clear Skin
For formulas using carbomers as thickeners, SS CS must be added before the neutralization of the carbomer. Suggested carbomer concentrations are from 0.5-1.5% W/W to provide a serum to a gel structure respectively. pH of final formula has to be minimum of 4.5.