SalSphere® Hemp Seed Oil
Delivery of ultra light moisturizing to maintain healthy skin from hemp seeds
- Anti-aging, skin rejuvenating, hydrating and toning.
- Natural source of essential fatty acids used to improve barrier properties.
- Ultra light texture suitable for washes or day and night moisturizing lotions.
SalSphere® Hemp Seed Oil is a technology to stabilize and deliver concentrated hemp seed oil (also referred to as “hemp nuts” or “hemp hearts”) for skin wellness, deep moisturizing, soothing, reducing signs of skin aging. It has been a major challenge to deliver functional ingredients, like essential fatty acids, that are nourishing, deep hydrating and light to mature and dry skin from trendy Hemp. SS HSO is offering a solution to deliver very potent essential oil, proteins and vitamins as a natural complex in a form that is ultra-light on the skin.
Major Benefits of SalSphere® HSO
- Natural potent complex that is beneficial to the skin and hair. The technology enhances the compatibility of HSO in water.
- Encapsulation provides protection from oxidation and degradation (discoloration)
- Time release and enhanced bioavailability with ultra light texture
Demonstration of compatability of SSHSO with water.
Left: SalSphere® HSO Encapsulated Hemp Seed Oil totally dispersed.
Right: Hemp Seed Oil separated from water.
Hemp Seed Oil (HSO) and its Beneficial Properties
Hemp seed oil comes from the seeds of the Cannabis sativa plant. The seeds do not contain the same levels of compounds as the plant itself, but they still have a rich profile of the following useful bioactive compounds:
- Essential Fatty Acids (EFA) High level of unsaturated EFA. They need to be applied on to the skin. They support cell membrane stability, inflammatory regulation, immune response and general youthful appearance.
- Omega 3:6 Fatty Acid Hemp seed oil has a special ratio of 3.5 to 1 of omega-6 to omega-3. This is beneficial for skin health and appearance.
- Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA) High quantities of concentrated gamma linolenic acid or GLA. GLA is known to reduce inflammation, and treat eczema.
- Vitamin E Rich in the fat-soluble antioxidant, vitamin E and its group of compounds that include tocopherols. Vitamin E is helpful for moisturizing and renewing the hair and skin. It additionally serves to guard against the damaging effects of free radicals from the environment.
|Version||INCI & Characteristics|
Water, Hydroxyethyl Behenamidopropyl Dimonium Chloride, Euphorbia Cerifera, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter, Benzoyl Peroxide
Where to use SS HSO for Skin & Hair Care
Daily moisturizing: SS HSO free can be easily solubilized into formulations. It contains a number of fatty acids which are very healthy for the skin. These fatty acids nourish and moisturize your skin in the right manner and sufficient amount. This is an herbal extract and has almost no side effects.
Acne prone skin: The vitamins and fatty acids in this oil may help keep the skin healthy and prevent breakouts. Research found that topical applications strengthens the skin and makes it better able to resist infection. It may help balance the skin and prevent inflammation that is associated with acne. It’s being used on acne prone skin as a cleanser and moisturizer. SS HSO won’t clog up the pores when used. The best way to use SS HSO is in oil cleansing method or as a facial moisturizer.
Skin massage: Gives a healthy and rich skin which looks younger and healthier. It can help renew and heal the skin because it contains high levels of the same compound as the skin oil, linoleic acid.
Anti-aging: Natural moisturizing treatment, which can be applied after a shower or bath. It nourishes the skin and increases the blood circulation.
Treat cracked, dry skin: It may be rubbed directly onto the skin.
Makeup Remover: It’s a soft and non-harsh way to get rid of your excess make-up. SS HSO is delicate on the skin and can bind to the cosmetic particles to remove them safely, even waterproof make-ups.
Hair Care: There are many hair health benefits of HSO as well. SS HSO can be formulated into commercial and herbal hair products like shampoos, hair oils, conditioners, etc. Like the skin care, massage with SS HSO containing products can improve blood circulation in the scalp. Washing hair with hemp oil shampoos and conditioners can thicken the hair texture and keep the scalp away from dandruff. Random evidence indicates that loss of hair is also reduced byusing SS HSO and scalp infections and issuesare kept away.
Submicron spheres made of a solid core, made out of natural lipids and infused with the hemp seed oil. The surface of the spheres is embedded with hydrophilic ingredients that promotes its suspension in water and also helps to adhere the spheres onto the skin. The unique structure forms a slurry that is fluid and compatible with most topical formulations. SS HSO utilizes raw unrefined HSO, which is rich with nutritional benefiting ingredients. The encapsulated HSO forms a suspension with small particles sizes that is stable. SS HSO improves the compatability of HSO with water. It allows the dispersion of HSO.
Particle size analysis of SS HSO showing an average diameter of over 1 micron using the Beckman Coulter LS Particle Size Analyzer.