A natural solution for younger-looking skin, wrinkle reduction, skin lightening, and protection from environmental stress.
- Anti-aging with wrinkle therapy and skin toning (brightening).
- Stabilizes the potent polyphenol resveratrol for topical application and protects the product from oxidation and discoloration.
- Suitable for day and night washes and lotions. Just add it to your current formulas.
Resveratrol, a polyphenol commonlyfound in the skin of grapes, is apowerful antioxidant that possessesmultiple anti-aging benefits for the skin,protecting skin cells from the harmfuleffects of free radicals and brighteningthe skin. It also has a powerful capacityto reduce signs of inflammation.
In many cases, the visible signs of skin aging, such as wrinkling, dryness, and discoloration, are caused by or exacerbated by UV exposure. Resveratrol has been shown to posses some protective shield.
The biggest challenges in formulating skin care products with resveratrol are its poor solubility and in-vivo bioavailability. Resveratrol is metabolized very quickly, usually within 30-60 minutes after administration. SS RE was designed to increase its stability, bioavailability, and overall efficacy.
- Stable Form of Polyphenol - Stabilizes resveratrol for topical application. Protected from oxidation and would not change color to dark brown.
- Enhanced Bioavailability - The carrier provides superior skin deposition, which extends the release and bioavailability at the target area.
- Formualation Ready - Allows formulation with ease; no need to pre-dissolve.
How The Technology Helps You
SS RE is composed of sub-micron spheres that encase resveratrol.
The encapsulation is a way to circumvent the issues with stability and bioavailability.
Free resveratrol is not soluble in water at practical concentrations, and it turns dark brown in a formula. SalSphere® technology effectively shields resveratrol from oxidative forces. SS RE is formulation-ready and remains light in color.
Within 3 days at 42°C, the free resveratrol (A) discolors, while SS RE (B) remains stable.
SS RE demonstrates a greater residence time on skin when compared to the free, which enables resveratrol to be bioavailable and effective for longer.
SS RE maintains a higher level on skin vs. free. The lotion contained 1% resveratrol. Resveratrol content on human skin was analyzed via alcohol extraction, followed by HPLC.
The SalSphere® structure allows for better adhesion to the skin when using a rinse-off product.
A rinse-off product containing SS RE deposited almost 7 times more resveratrol onto the skin than a product containing free resveratrol.
|Appearance @ 20°C||Opaque paste|
|Applications||Leave-on face and body products such as lotions, serums, and creams|
|Color||Off-white to beige|
|pH (1% solution)||7 ± 1|
|Shelf Life (months)||12|
|Usage Level (wt%)||5-10|
|Storage (°C)||Closed container at 12-25°|
This technology is using natural-indentical source of resveratrol. We also carry technology in natural source.