SalSphere® Severe Acne Relief
Targets the multiple underlying conditions affecting and associated with acne.
- Treats multiple symptoms associated with acne and blemishes.
- Delivers optimal exfoliation, controls sebum, reduces scars and imperfections, and moisturizes the skin at the same time.
- Clear appearance ideal for sensitive skin.
SS SAR is a technology for teenagers struggling with severe acne. Severe acne is characterized by multiple pimples and red, irritated skin. This underlying phenomenon is characterized by conditions, such as overproduction of sebum and inflammation. Traditional formulations typically don’t address these multiple aspects and causes of acne, but offer Salicylic Acid or BPO-based formulations. SS SAR technology offers a comprehensive solution by encapsulating multiple ingredients to address the multiple causes of acne.
- All-In-One Solution Single system that ultimately addresses multiple symptoms associated with acne. It delivers optimal exfoliation, controls sebum, reduces scars and blemishes, and moisturizes skin all at the same time.
- Easy to Formulate with One system that contains all the required ingredients in a clear water soluble system compatible with different formulation bases.
- Cost Effective Reduces time spent on formulation, purchasing, and managing inventory of multiple ingredients.
Raw SalSphere® Severe Acne Relief
SS SAR incorporates a complex of functional ingredients into a single system.
|Benzalkonium chloride, green tea extract
|Shea butter, seaweed extract, palmitic acid
|Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA), green tea extract, chamomile extract
|Palmitoyl tripeptide-5, ascorbic acid (Vitamin C)
|Hydrolyzed corn starch, silica, clay, zinc PCA
Improved Retention on Skin
When used in a wash, SS SAR deposits almost 10 times more salicylic acid onto skin compared to free Salicylic Acid. As the SalSphere dissolves in the pimple, the ingredients slowly release at the location, reducing side effects like dry skin.
Salicylic acid remaining on skin postrinse after treatment with a 2% SA (wt%) facewash formulation during in-vivo study (n=3).
|Appearance @ 20°C
||Topical skin care and acne treatment suitable for cleansers, masks, lotions, creams, and gels|
||Light to dark amber|
|pH (1% Solution)
|Shelf Life (months)||36|
|Usage Level (wt%)
||Cosmetic: Up to 1.67
Rx: Over 6.67
|Storage (°C)||Closed container at 12-32°|
Control Sebum Without Drying
SS SAR reduces sebum from oily skin without causing dryness. SS SAR reduced sebum nearly to the ideal level, compared to the free ingredients.
Oil level of SS SAR vs free components during in-vivo study (n=3). Levels taken using Hydr8 Digital Skin Analysis System (Epicureanist, LLC). SS SAR is targeted to the pimples.
In the same study...
Volunteers’ skin was also measured for moisture content.
Moisture content of SS SAR vs free during in-vivo study (n=3). Levels taken using Hydr8 Digital Skin Analysis System (Epicureanist, LLC).
Formulating with SS SAR
SS SAR can be added at any stage of the formulation process at temperature below 40°C. For formulas using carbomers as thickeners, SS SAR must be added before the neutralization of the carbomer. Suggested carbomer concentrations are from 0.5-1.5% W/W to provide a serum to a gel structure respectively. pH of final formula has to be minimum of 4.5.
Anti-Blemish Gel Formula
|SalSphere® Severe Acne Relief